|Stackable Easy to Make Memory Wire Bracelets|
- Standard bracelet size stainless steel silver plated memory wire (I got mine from Fire Mountain Gems)
- Memory wire cutters (NEVER use any other cutters to cut memory wire, the steel wire will damage regular cutters)
- Round nose pliers (for making loops at the ends)
- Beads/crystals of your choice (here, I used enough blue crystal bead assortment to complete three full circles/coils)
- some bead dangles/charms for the ends (optional)
- 2 jump rings for dangling the charms at the ends.
|Supplies for this project|
Now, memory wire is a snug coil wire made of tempered steel that holds it shape and fits any wrist. You simply coil the bracelet layer after layer and wear it that way. Here, I am making a bracelet with three full coils.
Step1: Cut approximately three full coils from the memory wire coil using memory wire cutters. These cutters are specially designed to cut memory wire only, hence use these and not your regular wire cutters. I got my memory cutters from Fire Mountain Gems.
|Three coils removed using memory wire cutters from the main coil stock.|
Step 2 : Make a simple loop at one end of the cut memory wire using round nose pliers.
|loop at one end of the wire|
Step 3: Start adding beads of your choice through the non-loop end of the wire. Here, I used a mix of blue-green crystals to make a bohemian themed bracelet.
|add beads of choice|
Step 4: When there is about a half inch of free wire left at the end, make the second loop with round nose pliers, similar to the one you make earlier. Now you have a two opposite ended looped bracelet with beads!
|Stop adding beads when you have half inch left of the wire|
|make a loop at this end similar to the previously made loop|
|The finished Bracelet with Three Coils & Dangles at the ends|